If you do not remember your username or password, the system can send them to you. Please provide the email address you registered with.
Error: Please check your email address and try again.
Each year, thousands of people across the country join the Bike MS volunteer team. From serving on planning committees and calling past participants to providing safety and support for riders at the event, volunteers make Bike MS happen, and are the foundation of why Bike MS is the largest cycling fundraising event in the country.
Families, corporate groups, and individuals are encouraged and welcome to volunteer. Some volunteer positions require a criminal and/or DMV background check, and some may involve driving or heavy lifting. But if you want to help, we guarantee we can find a place for you! People of all ages and abilities are invited to volunteer. We are always looking for youth clubs, corporate, and service-oriented community groups to lend a hand before, during, and after our events.
When you decide to volunteer, you become part of the MS movement – a collective of passionate individuals, moving together to create a world free of MS. Together we provide support, have fun, and make a difference in the lives of people living with MS.
Did you know that volunteers can raise money too? Bike MS volunteers have access to a variety of great fundraising tools. When you register online, you have access to a Participant Center where you can set a fundraising goal, update your personal webpage to share your story with others, e-mail supporters, track your progress and qualify for great fundraising prizes!
Updated | October 17, 2017
Thank you for volunteering at Bike MS: Bike to the Bay 2017. We are grateful for your support and dedication!
Please contact us (email@example.com or 215-271-1500) if you need a letter confirming your volunteer hours.
Photos will be posted over the next few weeks.
We need 500 volunteers to make Ride weekend a success! There are many ways to get involved:
Whether you're friends and family or colleagues, we welcome all types of volunteer groups. We can accommodate volunteers of all ages and will place your group in the best opportunity based on your ages and preferences.
Types of groups that have volunteered with us in the past include:
Groups of volunteers assist with many different jobs before, during and after the ride. Jobs include:
- Starting line set up: Volunteers are with us early Saturday morning, helping cyclists prepare for take off.
- Parking on Saturday: Help direct cars to the appropriate areas at both the start and finish line - great for military groups! We need many volunteers to help us fill this important role at the Saturday morning start line and the finish line from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Rider Number Pick Up Saturday: Hand out rider numbers to cyclist ride morning at all start locations (background check and training call prior to the event are required)
- Clean up at the Saturday and Sunday finish line: Help us clean up on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. On Saturday, volunteers are also needed to load bikes into a trailer for overnight storage. Volunteers aren't needed until the afternoon -- great for high school or college students who want to sleep in!
- Rest stops: Run one of our many rest/lunch stop locations. This is a fun way for family members and friends to volunteer together, as there are plenty of different jobs that even the youngest volunteers can help with. Sponsorship of rest stops is also available; sponsor groups choose a theme and decorate their rest stop for the day! Our rest stops are located in Woodside, Felton, Milford, Ellendale, Milton and Millsboro.
To register your group, please download the PDF registration form (make sure to enter your group name on every form) and return it to us, or sign up online by creating or joining a volunteer team.
In order to ensure all members of your group are assigned to a job together, please either:
Any questions? Contact Email us.
Bike to the Bay takes place in Delaware between Dover and Rehoboth Beach.
When registering, you will be asked to select the location(s) where you want to volunteer. Please note: times and exact locations are subject to change and will be confirmed closer to the event. Rest stops are not open to the public. Once confirmed, directions will be provided to registered volunteers only.
Volunteers are needed at the following locations:
How old do you have to be to volunteer?
We need volunteers of all ages, however, there are some jobs that are restricted to adults. Minors should be accompanied by an adult.
How do I know which volunteer job to choose?
Please refer to our 'Volunteer Jobs' tab. Email us with any questions.
When will I receive my volunteer assignment?
Your final volunteer assignment will be emailed to you the week prior to the event.
Do I have to volunteer the whole day?
While we recommend volunteering for the whole day, we realize that may not be feasible. Please let us know in advance if you are unable to volunteer for the whole day.
Do I need to fundraise?
While not required for volunteers, many volunteers do fundraise. For more information on fundraising, click here.
What happens if it rains?
Bike MS is a rain or shine event.
What should I wear?
Volunteers are encouraged to dress for the elements, to dress comfortably and wear closed-toe shoes. When registering, you will be asked to provide your T-shirt size. Sizes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We will do our best to provide the size requested, but this is not guaranteed.
Is transportation provided?
Due to liability guidelines, transportation is not provided for volunteers.
Will this volunteer activity count towards community service hours?
Yes, volunteering counts towards community service hours.
What if I’m riding on Saturday, can I volunteer on Sunday?
Of course, many cyclists volunteer on Sunday and we can use you! As a registered cyclist, you will not be able to sign up online so please download the registration form (coming soon!) and return it by email, mail or fax, or contact us at (215) 271-1500 or by email.