Become a Responsible Cyclist
Take the pledge today!
If you took a GRS Course in 2012 or 2013, click here to renew your pledge.
Team captain reminder:
Make safety a priority! If 10% of your team are Responsible Cyclists, your team will receive the Team Safety Awareness Award.
Did you know?
Ocean City was recently named a Bronze level Bike Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists.
Bike MS is proud to be partnering with the League to offer FREE Group Riding Skills courses in September. Sign up today!
Why be a Responsible Cyclist?
The dangerous actions of a few can jeopardize the future of this ride for all. Bike MS provides the necessary tools to educate all City to Shore cyclists on proper riding etiquette but it’s up to YOU to become a responsible cyclist. We need you to spread the word to your fellow cyclists and teammates, and protect the integrity of the ride. Be courteous. Be responsible. Be safe!
Who can be Responsible Cyclists?
Everyone! It is important that each cyclist set a good example by following the rules of the road and respecting the communities we ride through. With 7,000 cyclists Teamon the road, each individual cyclist makes an impact – good or bad.
- Wear your blue RC sticker, which will be given out at GRS courses or mailed in September, on your rider number City to Shore weekend
- Ride as a model cyclist throughout City to Shore weekend
- Let people know how and why you became an RC this year and get them involved in your commitment to safety
- Take a Group Riding Skills (GRS) Course
- 2014 GRS Course participants are automatically given RC credentials in 2014.
- Renew your pledge!
- 2012-2013 GRS Course participants can renew your pledge to be a Responsible Cyclist at City to Shore online today and participate in one of the following conference calls:
- Thursday, Sept. 4 at 7:30 p.m. - CALL REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m.- CALL REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Saturday, Sept. 13 at 10:00 a.m. - CALL REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Wednesday, Sept. 17 at 12:00 p.m. - CALL REGISTRATION CLOSED
- Monday, Sept. 22 at 7:30 p.m. - CALL REGISTRATION CLOSED
You will receive a reminder email with dial-in information and a PDF document to review the day before your call.
Capacity for each call is limited to 15 participants.
Calls are approximately 30 minutes and reviews safe and courteous cycling behavior, the need for it at City to Shore and behind the scenes information at City to Shore.