Each year nearly 80% of City to Shore cyclists make a bigger impact by riding as part of a team. Utilize this page to learn more about the benefits of riding with a team, how to start or join a team, find out what other teams are doing, and to take advantage of the many captain tools and resources provided to help you reach your goals.
First class support year Round
> Abundance of team captains resources, tips and tools, including the Team Captains Guide
> One-on-one help from your team coordinator to: answer questions, meet with you and team leaders, provide guidance, visit your company for a Q&A session or sign up, and much more!
> Rider number pick-up session in September for teams with 25 or more members.
RIDE WEEKEND PERKS
> Opportunity to book team housing in Ocean City
> Team photos at both the PATCO start and Ocean City finish lines
> Opportunity to rent a team tent:
- At the PATCO Start: Create a meeting point for your team members, hand out rider numbers and/or team jerseys and more! Teams with 50 or more members have the opportunity to rent a tent at the PATCO start. Team tent location will be posted the week of the ride. Space is limited, so we will allow no exceptions to the requirements noted below. A map of team tent locations will be posted later in September. Questions? Contact your assigned Bike MS staff or Megan Sanders.
- Included: One 10x10 tent, one banner printed with your team's name, one table and two chairs.
- Qualifications: Your team must have 50 or more team members.
- Reservation deadline: August 31, 2014. No orders will be accepted after this date. Click here to order your tent.
- Tent reservation fee: $150 due by Friday, September 12, 2014.
- Requirements for individuals who handle money/donations and/or assign rider numbers: Due to a change in Society policy, these requirements are nonnegotiable. If your team wishes to offer rider number pick up at your team tent, your team must provide a minimum of two volunteers by August 31, 2014. Rider numbers & supplies will only be given to team tents with have volunteers that have completed the following:
- Registered as a volunteer by August 31 and indicated PATCO Team Tent ‘TEAM NAME’ in question #19 ‘Please note any special requests or needs regarding your volunteer selection:’ **
- *NEW* Completed and submitted background check paperwork by September 12 (provided to volunteer once volunteer registration is complete)
- Attended one of the following mandatory teleconference trainings. (Call information and details will be emailed to registered & approved volunteers 1 week prior)
- Saturday, September 20 @ 10:00am
- Monday, September 22 @ 12:00pm
- Tuesday, September 23 @ 7:30pm
**If a volunteer is also a cyclist, and has registered as a cyclist, he or she will not be able to complete the online volunteer form and will need to contact us at 800-445-BIKE to complete the volunteer registration process.
- At the PATCO finish: Five team vendor tents are available on a first come, first served basis. Tents are offered for a discounted vendor fee of $150. Vendor space is available to teams that would like to sell or promote items as part of their current year City to Shore fundraising with proceeds from the items sold to benefit their team and the ride. If interested, contact Adrienne Webb by August 31. No reservations will be accepted after this date.
It just takes one person to inspire many - that's the power of being a team captain. In addition to providing you with the support and encouragement needed to stay motivated and energized all the way to the finish line, teams offer great opportunities to:
Start a team -- it's easy!
- Pick a team name
- Register as team captain
Click here to start today! If you are already registered and would like start a team, email us to make the change. Be sure to include the team name and the team captain’s name.
- Start recruiting friends, family and co-workers (minimum of 3 cyclists)
There is no additional registration fee to register as a team. Each team member is required to register and raise at least the minimum fundraising amount of $300.
Utilize the Team Captains Guide to learn more about starting a team, being a team captain and much more. Plus, check out all the great resources on this page to help make your team a success this year.
Check out our National Teams list to see if your company participates in another National MS Society event around the country. Ask them to get involved in City to Shore. Current list coming soon!
Join a team
In addition to the Bike MS Staff coordinator assigned to work with you and help your team year round, see the various tools below that will help your team achieve success this year!
TEAM AWARDS & RECOGNITION
With so many amazing teams, how can we not recognize them throughout the season!? Team recognition comes in many ways such as: featuring your team story/info in a monthly City to Shore Update email and on MSCycling.org, or promoting both top fundraising and recruitment teams in the Top Teams list, featured online and in the monthly City to Shore Update email.
Team Achievement Awards and Top Team Award Winners are announced at the Awards Dinner each December and included in the post-event e-news. Captains honored with an award will be receive an emailed invitation to the Awards Dinner in late October or November. Encourage your team members to aim high and win one of the coveted team awards.
Click here to see the full list and how to win, plus those who won last year!
TEAM FEATURE STORIES
City to Shore wouldn't be the same without our many sponsoring bike shops who provide support before, during and after the ride. Extra special thanks go to D&Q and Peddler’s Shop, celebrating 30 and 10 years supporting the ride. In addition to their sponsorship commitment, both shops have also gone above and beyond by also organizing top level teams. Watch their videos to learn their reasons for supporting City to Shore and to find out more about their teams.
Raising Caine’s mission is “to make a difference so that in the future no one will have to hear the devastating words 'You have MS'.” After winning the Outstanding First Year Team Award in 2012, Raising Caine’s team captain Trish McFadden, in her 10th year riding, has set her sights even higher this year. Click here to read more about how and why the team was created, and how their fundraising techniques that secured this award in 2012.
Click here to read more team stories and find out how to get yours posted.