* PAGE NOT YET UPDATED FOR 2013 *
PATCO’s Woodcrest Station Staggered Start Times: 75- & 100-Mile Start
Due to the number of cyclists starting at PATCO’s Woodcrest Station Saturday morning, a staggered start has been instituted. Remember, you are starting with 7,000 other cyclists and it is important that all riders, veteran or novice, understand the courtesies involved with a ride the size of City to Shore.
PRE-START: 6:15 - 6:40 a.m.
- Fast-paced Cyclists (17 mph and faster)
- Century Cyclists (those riding the 100-mile route – designated with orange century cyclist sticker on rider number).
Reminder: entry to the century loop, located after the 44.6 mile mark, closes at 11 a.m.
RIDE KICK-OFF: 6:40 a.m.
OFFICIAL START: 6:45 - 8 a.m.
Staggered start waves of intermediate-paced (12-16 mph) and relaxed-paced cyclists (11 mph and under)
NOTE: ALL CYCLISTS MUST BE ON THE ROAD BY 8 a.m.
Any cyclists arriving after 8 a.m. will be bused to the first rest stop.
Staggered Start Tips:
- Remember it is for your safety
- Be aware and courteous of the Bike MS staff and volunteers directing cyclists in and around the start chute
- Only enter the start chute via the staging area (see map, coming soon)
- Stay out of the start chute at all times! (unless it is your group's turn to be released) -- remember, you may just be arriving to PATCO, but your fellow Bike MS cyclists may be getting on the road.
- Only cross the chute at designated areas (see map, coming soon)
- Pay attention to when it is your group’s turn to start -- arrive to PATCO early to make sure you can leave on time
- Listen for your group to be called over the loud speaker
- Only enter the staging area when your group is called
- Be patient