The Bike MS: City to Shore Ride sponsored by:
How to Turn in Donations
How Your Fundraising Helps
Fundraising events such as Bike MS are directly impacting the immediate needs of people living with MS and their long term needs so they can lead their best quality of life. To learn how your dollars are making a difference, click the "Your Impact" tab of the Why We Ride page.
Fundraising Incentives, Prizes & Clubs
One On One with #1
Click on the video below to learn how and why cyclist Albert DeRitis raised $41,125 in 2012 and earned the coveted top fundraising spot two years running (2012 & 2013)!
Top 10 Participants in 20141. Albert DeRitis, $62,710.00
2. Guy Muzio, $34,420.00
3. Gary Crooks, $24,450.00
4. Andrea Rosenthal, $21,970.00
5. Ian Harris, $20,240.00
6. Jack Beiter, $20,180.00
7. Tom Mangus, $18,205.00
8. Jim Plousis, $15,000.00
9. Dominique Calabrese, $14,405.00
10. Herold Klein, $13,300.00
Fundraising Tools Index
- My Account (online fundraising)
Fundraising is one of the most important elements of Bike MS. Remember: Each cyclists is required to raise at least $300. The majority of cyclists go above and beyond the fundraising minimum. Join the majority of cyclists and go above and beyond that minimum. Help us reach our goal and click here to see our progress. All donations to the National MS Society are tax-deductible.
Fundraising is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
Follow these simple steps:
Step #1 -- Know your networks
Make a list of every person you know -- friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances, alumni and business associates. You have just created your donor list. Need extra help? Use the Know Your Networks worksheet (pdf).
Step #2 -- Set your fundraising goal
Now that you know your networks, set your goal. The requirement for all City to Shore cyclists is $300, but based on your networks can you achieve VIP status at $1,000? Keep an attainable goal in mind. Once you’ve settled on your goal, make sure to log into your account and update it. There is always an opportunity to adjust your goal throughout the Bike MS season.
Step #3 -- Share your commitment and make a plan
Now your fundraising can begin. Many think the ASK can be difficult, but it's easier if you tell everyone why you are doing what you are doing. Articulate why you are taking on City to Shore. The excitement is contagious and your story will inspire others. Your commitment and passion will be the reason they choose to give you a donation. Use the fundraising tools below to help you.
- My Participant Center: Create a personal page, send emails, track your progress and much more. Cyclists that set up and actively update their personal page can raise on average two to three times more. Set up your online personal page and get started today! Utilize the Participant Center Guide for step by step instructions on utilizing your Participant Center.
- Bike MS Mobile Participant Center App: Manage and share your Bike MS experience on the go with our Bike MS mobile application. Fundraise and connect with others through social media and email, update your web page, check your progress and much more, all from the palm of your hand. And it's free! Simply search "Bike MS" in either the iTunes App Store or Google Play. Use this guide to learn how & why.
- Fundraising/Welcome Kit: Here you will find tips, bike coupons, important deadlines and more! All cyclists will receive their Fundraising/Welcome Kit (pdf) in the mail one to two weeks after registering.
- Fundraising letter: Download, customize, print and mail this pre-written letter: available in .doc or .pdf.
- Know Your Networks worksheet: don't forget to utilize your networks to help you create your donor list.
- Event pledge sheet: Track your offline pledges and matching gifts with our event pledge sheet (.pdf or .xlsx).
- Social Media: Use social networking sites, such as Facebook boundless fundraising, to get your message to a bigger audience. Use this guide (pdf) for helpful social networking fundraising techniques, and follow us on:
- Email Signature: Change your email signature to drive donations -- include a short note, a link to your fundraising page and a logo. (Click here for the City to Shore logo or Bike MS digital downloads.)
- PR/Media Guide: It only takes one person to inspire hundreds. Your personal experience with the City to Shore Ride can and will inspire others to donate, volunteer or even ride. Promote City to Shore to your local community. Use this guide (pdf) to help get you started and get your story in the news.
- Matching Gifts*: Many corporations have a matching gift program where they will match your gift. These matches can double, triple or even quadruple the amount of your gift. If you or your donor work for a matching gift company, please consider having your gift matched by the employer (click here to see if your company matches).
*You are required to raise $300 before matching gifts are counted towards your total. Matching gifts do not count towards your fundraising minimum, but they do count toward prizes and VIP status. Click here for more information on matching gifts, and don't forget to use the pledge sheet above to help your track your matching gifts and total raised.
- Request City to Shore promotional materials to let others know you are riding.
*TIP: Personalize rack cards by adding a sticker your personal page URL
- Raise $500 in a week: Just follow these simple steps and you're halfway to VIP status.
- 55 fundraising ideas: This booklet will give you plenty of fundraising ideas you can try today.
- MS Store: Visit the MS Store today for great items you could purchase and sell to your friends and family as a fundraiser and help spread awareness about Bike MS!
- Community Events Calendar: Do you have a fundraising event coming up? Click here to post your event on our chapter website.