Policy for Minors Riding Bike MS
Greater Delaware Valley Chapter
Our priority is to provide a safe ride experience for all participants.
Updated September 29, 2012
- To be an official participant, you must register for the event and meet the minimum fundraising requirements
- Children under the age of 12 as of the morning of the ride will not be permitted to ride
- Bicycle tagalongs, trailers and carriers will not be permitted for cyclists of any age
- All minors must have a notarized waiver signed by their parent/guardian
Children 12-17 years old
For minors who are between the ages of 12 and 17 years old, the below requirements apply:
- Prior to the event, a safety brochure for youth riders will be sent in the mail for the parent/legal guardian to review with their minor who is riding
- During the event weekend, the minor must be accompanied by an adult (21 years or older, parent/guardian preferred) who is not responsible for more than two minors riding in the event (2:1 ratio)
- Parent/legal guardian must sign a Bike MS waiver specifically for the minor and have it notarized
- If not accompanying the minor during ride weekend, the parent/legal guardian must be available by phone during the entire weekend
- Parent/legal guardian and minor are highly encouraged to attend a Society-sponsored, League of American Bicyclists Group Riding Skills course. Information can be found at the Safety & Training Zone.